Monday, April 5, 2010

Party Invitations SHOULD NOT Be Passed Out in the Classroom

I have this really serious problem with parents who allow their kids to give out party invitations to other classmates, UNLESS they are inviting the entire class. I wouldn't allow it and I don't think that other parents should either. It just isn't fair.

My son comes home with a piece of subject notebook paper that has a list of birthday party details written on it. I asked if the teacher had put it on the chalk board for the entire class. He told me that he copied it from the invitation his other friend got.

My heart was breaking as I was trying to explain to my 7 year old (who is in tears for being left out) that he was not invited to the party. I had to explain to him that he wasn't invited and sometimes Mommies can't invite a lot of people, because there wouldn't be enough goodies to go around.

This is a very hard situation because now he feels like he is not liked by this person. Sometimes parents don't think about things, before they do it. I have been guilty. Parents please take heed and be wise. Think of your own child and how they would feel in this same situation.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment