Friday, July 2, 2010

Solitude Ideas for Single Moms

Calgon take me away?

Right...

That is after the kids are pounding the door down, fighting, blaring the tv or radio, etc etc etc.! However Mom, you HAVE to make time for yourself. This is necessary for your health. Here are some ways that a single mom can make time to bask in solitude and relax.

The park! Take the kids to your local park. This will give them something to do, put everyone outside and give you a chance to RELAX...

I love to sit on the swing and read a good book, at the coolness of the day.

Enjoy a nice bath when the kids are in bed. This is a good time to meditate and relax, too. I have been known to fall asleep in the tub - don't ask lol

Go for a long drive. Driving does a lot for me. I love creation, a nice cool breeze in my hair and the ultimate control of driving. I love music so driving and music is perfect. Even if you have to take the kids; make it fun or get them something exciting to do, while you drive.

Single moms often find excuses not to make time to do the things they love or to just relax and smell the roses. You MUST teach your kids to slow down! The best way to do that is to slow down yourself. This was a HARD lesson for me to learn! Good luck ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment