Thursday, June 24, 2010

Communication is More Than Talking - For Parents

Passionate!

YES Passionate about Communication!

I just want to talk about the impact of communication and taking it beyond merely talking. I have three wonderful kids and their interest is my top priority. I am ALWAYS looking for ways to improve as their mom. It is Very Very important to me.

I have always said that if there was such a thing as a greatest fear, that failing as a mom was definitely it.

We MUST talk to our children. I mean that sounds sort of cliché. Really and truly a lot of parents do not even communicate at all. Sad reality folks. Now for those of us who already do and are scavenging ways to improve our relationship with our kids, hey, there IS more to it!

Not only make eye contact with them, try holding their hands or touching their face and head. I cannot describe the impact that it has. I just started to really do this. My youngest son even sits next to me and will hold my hand. It's positive and is necessary for their emotional growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment