Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Take It From A Giver

I am not here trying to brag as you may think from the title to this blog. I want to talk about a very important subject that is vital for your overall health.

I was born to give. Although I don't have material things or money to give; I give something that is even more valuable. I give of myself, my time and energy. It is just how I was made. I want to literally SAVE THE WORLD!

This has been a very painful lesson for me, because I am a natural giver. The Lord taught me a valuable lesson about "Who is really important".

For someone who LOVES and wants to help EVERYONE, this was an EXTREMELY painful but very necessary "process" (I guess you can say). This is an ongoing process actually. People will come and go through your life. Being a lover of people, I find this to be a very painful ordeal.

In order to move on and continue to grow, we must let go of people that drain us or don't add life to us. We must also remember that we cannot "save" everyone. What I mean is that there are some people who really rely on us for encouragement, strength, prayer, love and constant attention. These people WILL drain us!

However, there are only so many people that we can "tend" to. I, personally am a single mother who is caring for her kids, alone. My three kids are everything to me. They are my top priority, although I feel that ALL kids are my priority. Kids are my passion!

However, it is impossible for me to pour my time and energy into everyone, so things are done in moderation. I don't even ponder anymore like I use to. I have such a burden for people and especially the poor and children, but have found a medium that will not consume me or my time with my kids.

I am not being selfish. The Lord showed me this and it broke my heart, because I want to share my heart with everyone and anyone who is willing to take it! That is why it hurts so bad.

People are placed into our lives for a reason and a season. They may have impacted our lives so greatly that we may grow fond of them, but sometimes that feeling of bond or closeness is greater than what we are GAINING in the relationship. When this happens, it is time to let go.

I can really write so much about this, but I feel I have covered most of my own personal experiences. Hope you were able to benefit from this. It's a tough lesson and hurts like crazy, but it is very important to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment