Sunday, June 27, 2010

That Fine Line Between Arrogance and Confidence - For Ladies

I KNOW most of you HAVE HAD to see "My Fair Lady". This is my favorite musical of all times! I love English and I love musicals. As a child my mom introduced this movie to me and I continue to learn from it! The movie of tons of lessons, is what it is!!

Today the lesson is about confidence. For those of you who haven't seen this movie, I will let you in on it a little. Eliza Doolittle is a flower girl from the streets that doesn't know much about anything but survival on the streets. Her dad is an alcoholic and she sells flowers to survive. One day she dreams of owning her own flower shop and wants to learn proper English.

She meets an arrogant English professor and "hires" him to teach her. Little did they know that they were teaching one another and whether he wanted to believe it or not, he was falling in love with her.

Being confident does not mean that you have to flaunt, be arrogant and rude or tasteless. There is so much to learn about what a confident lady should be.

Confidence is modesty, head held high, sweetness and kindness, admiration for life and nature. Your positive surroundings give you that "sweet" confidence that men love. You don't have to play hard to get or be stuck up to show yourself confident.

A confident women does not have to admit that she is confident either ;). Please watch and pay special attention to this clip from "My Fair Lady".



She is highly confident to a man who remains arrogant. I LOVE this, because he is still learning and it took him to realize that he was falling in love before he understood what he was learning from her :) I just love this...

No comments:

Post a Comment